Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This may sound like a lot of garlic, but the end result is delicious. This is my favorite chicken recipe as it is so easy and full of wonderful Thai flavours. Cook this in a ridged grill pan and serve with green ginger rice and fiery corn.
- 4 boneless Chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly or crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 limes, juice and rind of
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 - 2 red chiles, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ tablespoon dried coriander
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- Cut gashes into chicken, through skin if present.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a deep glass bowl.
- Put the chicken pieces in the bowl, making sure to coat each piece thoroughly and press into gashes.
- Cover and leave the chicken in the marinade at least 2 hours; mix it around at some point during this time using 2 forks.
- Next cook the chicken with the cashews and mushrooms in a foil-lined oven pan at the top of a hot oven (250 °C) for 20-30 minutes, or grill/broil it, or cook on the BBQ at medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Keep basted with the marinade while cooking.
- Serve with buttered rice, perhaps some wild rice mixed in, along with fresh greens and a salad.