This dish is called "Gaeng Liang Fak Thong" in Thai. In English it's just called tasty.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried shrimps, soaked and chopped
- 2 fresh red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh green chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 (14 ounces) can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 – 10 fresh basil leaves
- In a medium saucepan, stir-fry onion in oil until golden brown.
- Add shrimp, chiles, and shrimp paste; fry for 1 minute.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add pumpkin, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and salt; return to a boil and cook until pumpkin is tender.
- Serve garnished with lemon juice, basil leaves, and cilantro.