Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dish is called "Gaeng Liang Fak Thong" in Thai. In English it's just called tasty.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried shrimps, soaked and chopped
- 2 fresh red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh green chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 (14 ounces) can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 – 10 fresh basil leaves
- In a medium saucepan, stir-fry onion in oil until golden brown.
- Add shrimp, chiles, and shrimp paste; fry for 1 minute.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add pumpkin, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and salt; return to a boil and cook until pumpkin is tender.
- Serve garnished with lemon juice, basil leaves, and cilantro.