Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here's a salad with substance. You could serve it as a main meal, or as a starter for a Thai meal.
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed into a paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised and chopped (optional)
- 100 g green beans, trimmed
- ½ small cucumber, peeled
- 20 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 red seedless grapes
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- 300 g sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix the chili flakes and garlic together.
- Mix in the lime or lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, sliced lemongrass and red onions.
- Boil the beans in a pot of water for just for a couple minutes.
- Rinse in cool water and drain.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Cut into half-moon shapes.
- Mix the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, grapes and most of the herbs together in a salad bowl.
- Heat up a frying pan or griddle until very hot.
- Smear the meat with oil on both sides and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side.
- This will leave a bit of pink in the middle.
- If you want it well done, adjust the cooking time as necessary.
- Let the meat rest for five minutes before slicing, then lay it on a work surface and slice it thinly on a slant.
- Spoon most of the dressing mixture you prepared earlier over the salad.
- Slide the steak slices through a bit of the remaining dressing, then arrange it over the salad.
- Decorate with the leftover herbs and serve.