Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 slices fresh or dried ginger
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 stalks lemon grass, lower ⅓ portion only, peeled, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 5 hot green Thai chile peppers, optional
- ½ cup sliced straw mushrooms
- 8 ounces shrimps or prawns, shelled and split length wise
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon roasted chile paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Bring the stock to a boil in a sauce pot.
- Add the garlic, lime leaves, ginger, sauce and lemon grass for 2 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms and chile peppers, if using.
- Simmer for 4 more minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are pink, opaque and firm but no longer than 2 minutes.
- When the shrimp is cooked, place the lime juice and chile paste in a serving bowl.
- Pour the soup into the bowl, stir and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve at once.