Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 pounds chicken wings (about 10)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- Cut off the wings tips, reserving them for another use such as stock if desired, and halve the wings at the joint.
- In a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag toss the wings with the garlic paste and the oil to coat them well and let them marinate, chilled, for at least 6 Hours or overnight.
- Drain the wings and pat them dry.
- Arrange the wings, skin side up, on the oiled rack of a broiler pan, sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste, and broil them under a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Turn the wings, sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste, and broil them for 5 to 8 minutes more, or until they are golden.
- While the wings are broiling, in a saucepan stir together the red pepper flakes, the corn syrup, and the vinegar
- Bring the liquid to a boil, stirring, and transfer it to a bowl.
- Serve the wings with the sauce.