Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) curry paste or powder
- 1 lb (450 g) beef stew meat, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1-inch (3 cm) pieces
- 2 bay (laurel) leaves
- 1½ cups (375 ml) coconut milk
- 1½ cups (375 ml) beef stock
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Asian fish sauce (nam pla, nuoc mam)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 lb (450 g) new potatoes, halved
- ¼ lb (110 g) pearl onions, peeled
- ¼ lb (110 g) green beans (haricots), halved
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum) cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, plus additional for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over moderate heat and saute the curry paste for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and saute until the beef is lightly browned and coated with the curry mixture.
- Add the bay leaves, coconut milk, and beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer covered until the beef is tender, about 1 hour.
- Add the onions and potatoes and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans, bell pepper, and peanuts and simmer covered for 10 more minutes.
- Serve the meat and vegetables along with the broth, garnished with chopped peanuts if desired.