- Soak garbanzo beans and cook according to package directions (I used a crock pot).
- Take next set of ingredients and blend in food processor or blender until they form a paste.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes then add paste.
- Stir and cook for about five minutes. Some of paste may stick and brown but don't let it burn.
- Add apple juice and stir to unstick bottom crust. Cook for another 5 minutes stirring.
- Add cooked garbanzo beans and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.