green mango salad
- ½ medium-sized onion, diced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 green mango, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp low-sodium or “white” soy sauce
- 2 tsp crushed roasted red chilies
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts, crushed
- 2 tsp chickpea flour
- 2 tsp fried shallots or onions
- Soak onion in water to remove sharp taste.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium heat, and sauté garlic until brown, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove garlic from oil, reserve oil and set garlic aside.
- Combine mango, onion, cabbage, cilantro and garlic in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine garlic, oil and soy sauce.
- Toss mango mixture with oil.
- Garnish with red chilies, peanuts, chickpea flour and fried shallots, toss and serve.