Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living
- Makes 7½ cups
- 1⅓ cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches each)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1 bottle dry white wine (750 ml)
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- Bring first 3 ingredients and ½ cup mint leaves to a boil in a pan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Cover and let stand 8 hours, if desired.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and mint leaves with a slotted spoon.
- Combine sugar mixture, remaining ½ cup mint leaves, wine and next 3 ingredients in a large pitcher; chill overnight, if desired.
- Stir in club soda just before serving.
- Serve over ice.