- Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) monterey jack cheese with [jalapeño [peppers]]
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Mix turkey, barbecue sauce and chilies.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, each about ¾ inch thick.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Place patties on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops about 3 inches from heat 10 to 14 minutes, turning once, until turkey is no longer pink in center.
- About 1 minute before burgers are done, top each with cheese slice.
- Broil until cheese is melted.