Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds round steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 bottle Guinness
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim fat from steak and slash edges to prevent curling.
- In a skillet over medium high heat quickly brown steak pieces in 2 tablespoons of oil then remove from skillet and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium then add sliced mushrooms and onion to skillet along with remaining oil and sauté until onion is transparent.
- Pour sautéed vegetables evenly into a medium baking dish.
- Place steak in single layer over vegetables.
- Slowly pour Guinness into pan until steak pieces are just barely covered.
- Sprinkle in the thyme and orange peel and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish tightly with foil then braise in oven for 1½ hours.