- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped or minced, yellow only
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans tomatoes with puree or (2 cups tomato sauce)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can tomato paste
- 8 beef flavored bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ⅞ tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 ¾ tablespoons oregano
- 2 ¾ tablespoons sugar
- corn chips, optional
- shredded sharp Cheese (Parmesan, Mozzzarella, Colby, or Swiss), optional
- In a large skillet, brown or stir-fry ground beef with the oil. Drain fat.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except chips and cheese. Mix well and cover.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 ½ hours. Stir occasionally or until meat is tender. Serve hot with corn chips and shredded cheese.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 cups per bowl