Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I wrote a few years ago when I got on a waffle kickand wanted to try savory. These are some of my favorite flavors and ingredients I always have on hand. We love this recipe. I have made it several times for family and friends and everyone loves it.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⅓ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1⅔ cups milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green chilies
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cornmeal,cheese, baking powder, sugar, salt and chili powder then add milk, eggs, vegetable oil and chilies and mix just until moistened.
- Mixture may be a little lumpy.
- Bake in preheated waffle maker then serve with your favorite salsa, sour cream and additional grated cheese.