This is a recipe I wrote a few years ago when I got on a waffle kickand wanted to try savory. These are some of my favorite flavors and ingredients I always have on hand. We love this recipe. I have made it several times for family and friends and everyone loves it.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⅓ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1⅔ cups milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green chilies
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cornmeal,cheese, baking powder, sugar, salt and chili powder then add milk, eggs, vegetable oil and chilies and mix just until moistened.
- Mixture may be a little lumpy.
- Bake in preheated waffle maker then serve with your favorite salsa, sour cream and additional grated cheese.