- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 (16-oz.) jar salsa, mild, medium, or hot
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (11-oz) can corn, drained
- ½ cup black olives, cut in half (I use a whole can)
- 1 lb lean hamburger or ground turkey, cooked and drained
- 6 large flour or corn tortillas (I like the flour tortillas)
- 1 or 2 cans refried beans
- 1½ cups Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F with the rack in the middle position.
- Spray a 2½ quart ovenproof dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the salsa in a strainer and press out as much liquid as possible (you can use this liquid to zip up spaghetti]] sauce).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the salsa, onion, corn, olives, and hamburger or turkey.
- Spread each tortilla with refried beans and place two tortillas in the dish with the bean side facing up.
- Cover with ⅓ of the salsa mixture and ⅓ of the cheese.
- Place two more tortillas on top and repeat with a layer of salsa mixture and cheese.
- Top with remaining two tortillas and remaining salsa mixture and cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and a knife inserted in the center comes out hot.
- To freeze: freeze torta unbaked.
- To serve, remove from freezer and let sit 1 hour.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.