Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Judi M. Phelps
- Yield: 5 servings.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried whole basil
- ½ tsp dried whole oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chicken, skinned
- 2 cup yellow squash, coarsely-chopped
- 2 cup zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1¼ cup tomatoes, unpeeled, seeded-and coarsely chopped
- Combine first 6 ingredients; stir well and set aside.
- Remove giblets and neck from chicken; discard.
- Then rinse chicken under cold running water; pat dry.
- Rub outside of chicken with spice mixture.
- Tie ends of legs to tail with string; lift wingtips up and over back, and tuck under chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in a deep 3-quart casserole.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave at high 8 to 9 minutes.
- Turn chicken, breast side up, and microwave, covered, at high 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving platter; reserve drippings in casserole.
- Let chicken stand, covered, 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables to drippings; toss gently to coat.
- Microwave a high 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender stirring halfway through cooking process.
- Arrange vegetables around chicken.
Nutritional information Edit
- about 192 calories per 3 oz. chicken and 1¼ cups vegetables. | Protein 26.3 | fat 6.8 | carbohydrate 6.3 | chol. 76 | iron 2.1 | sodium 203 | calcium 4