Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup beer
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 red or green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium yellow squash cut into julienne strips
- 6 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- Pound chicken breast halves to even thickness between sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Sprinkle both sides of each piece liberally with ground cumin and chili powder. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken in single layer; cook 2 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet, reserving any accumulated juices; cut into 2-inch strips.
- Add beer, broth, salt and ground red pepper to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen clinging particles. Boil 2 minutes.
- Add onions, pepper and squash to skillet; simmer 6 to 7 minutes or until squash is tender crisp, stirring frequently.
- Stir in rice, chicken and accumulated juices; cook until hot, stirring constantly. Serve immediately.