Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- Source: River Road Recipes IV
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- 1 tbsp minced green onion
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- chili powder to taste
- Cut the eggs lengthwise into halves and remove the yolks, reserving the whites.
- Mash the yolks in a bowl.
- Stir in the green onion and jalapeno chile.
- Add mayonnaise, cheese, prepared mustard and salt and mix well.
- Mound the egg yolk mixture in the reserved egg whites and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Arrange the deviled eggs on a platter and chill, covered, until serving time.