Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 12 oz chicken breast
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tsp lime peel
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 cup corn, whole kernel frozen
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- ½ cup sour cream, light or fat-free
- Place chicken in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine orange juice, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour over chicken; seal bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet pepper strips; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Remove sweet pepper strips.
- Add chicken to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Stir in corn; heat through.
- Combine the marinade and cornstarch; add to chicken mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Return sweet pepper strips to skillet; stir to combine.
- Wrap tortillas in microwave-safe paper towels.
- Microwave on 100% power (high) for 45 to 60 seconds or until warm.
- Divide the chicken mixture among tortillas and top with sour cream.
- Fold the tortillas over chicken mixture.
Nutritional information Edit
- 362 Calories | 9g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fatv138mg Sodium | 47 Carbs | 4g Dietary Fiber | 6g Sugars | 61mg Cholesterol | 26g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ vegetable | ½ fruit | 2½ starch | 2½ lean meat | 1 fat
- Carb Choices: 3