- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch of kale or any dark green you prefer, thoroughly cleaned and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ tablespoons capers
- 24 pitted kalamata olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices Jewish rye vegan bread
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 2 mins.
- Until soft, but not brown.
- Add kale, red pepper flakes, capers and olives.
- Add salt if needed (olives are salty so be sure and check before adding salt)
- Turn kale mixture to coat with oil.
- Cover and cook,stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer kale mixture to toasted vegan bread slices.