Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984. Dated 1956. This one is fabulous. Tried it right after I purchased this collection. A lot of effort goes into this one, but it is worth it.
- 8 pounds salmon filets
- 1-cup non-iodized salt
- 2 gallons cold water
- 2 pounds dark brown sugar
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1 quart teriyaki sauce
- 6 ounces garlic powder
- 6 ounces Onion powder
- 4 ounces pickling spice
- 1 ounce cinnamon
- 1 ounce mace
- 4 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- Combine all ingredients except salmon, mix thoroughly, and let stand 1 hour.
- Place salmon in brine, ensuring that all pieces are covered.
- Refrigerate and soak for 12 hours.
- Remove from brine and rinse thoroughly in cold running water.
- Pat the dry with paper towels and air dry in a cool place for at least 1 hour.
- Place salmon in smoker and smoke with Apple and alder chips (equal amounts of each).
- Distribute on the racks evenly to make sure you get even smoke distribution.
- Smoked salmon requires approximately 1- ½ hours per pound (size of individual piece), depending on cooking temperature and desired dryness.