Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Cookoff Winner
- Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 8 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp grated lime rind
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 unpeeled bananas with green tips
- 4 tbsp tequila
- 2 pints coconut ice cream
- Melt butter with next 5 ingredients in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until blended.
- Reduce heat to medium, cook 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Peel bananas and cut in half lengthwise.
- Add bananas and cook 1 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in tequila and carefully ignite the fumes just above the mixture with a long match.
- Let flames die down.
- Return skillet to heat, and cook 3 – 4 minutes until bananas are soft and liquid is carmelized, spooning sauce over bananas.
- Serve immediately over coconut ice cream.