Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Toquenos are Venezuelan cheese-filled pastries. Makes 1 Serving.
- 2 lb all-purpose flour
- 4 x egg yolks
- 1/2 lb butter room temperature
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbl Sugar
- 2 lb farmer's cheese
- Dissolve the salt and Sugar in the water.
- Mix all ingredients except the Cheese together.
- Knead to form a dough. Let rest.
- Cut Cheese into sticks
- Stretch the dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut in strips about .
- Wrap each strip around a Cheese stick
- Pinch the ends so that the Cheese is fully covered
- Roll each tequeno in flour, to keep them from sticking.
- Deep fry the tequenos in very hot oil, until golden in color.
- Place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.