Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Aluat fraged pentru diferite intrebuintari
- 1 lb / 500 g flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or lard
- 2 yolks
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a little salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Knead the butter or lard with as much flour as necessary to make into a soft dough.
- Add the yolks, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, wine and salt.
- Add the remaining flour, knead well, cover and let it rest for a half hour.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and roll each one into a pencil thick sheet.
- Lay one sheet on the bottom of the baking pan, prick with the fork and bake.
- When the dough has risen a little and has lightened in color, quickly spread the desired filling (cottage cheese, grated apples or other fruits, marmelade or preserves, etc).
- Cover with the second sheet, prick this one with a fork too, wash with egg white and bake at medium heat until golden-brown.
- When ready, cut into squares and sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top.
- This may also be filled with meat or liver; in this case, reduced the sugar to 1 level teaspoon and omit vanilla.