Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- 2⅓ cups flour (all-purpose or whole wheat)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ cup grated cheese (like Parmesan)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup non-fat powdered milk
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well; roll the dough out to size of a cookie sheet; pat the dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, bringing it to the edges.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut desired sizes into dough (just score through).
- If you're using as training treats, cut them into small pieces; sprinkle a little extra cheese and garlic powder if desired on dough for flavor.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and let cool for a few hours; they will keep hardening the longer you leave them.
- Break them apart; store tightly covered or in the freezer.