This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 envelope plus 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounce can peach nectar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium peaches peeled and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons frozen whipped topping thawed
- additional peach slices
- Dissolve gelatin in ½ cup cold water then bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat then stir in sugar and peach nectar.
- Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and lemon juice in a medium bowl then add cubed peaches tossing gently to coat.
- Drain peaches and combine with thickened nectar mixture then spoon evenly into 6 parfait glasses and chill until firm.
- Just before serving top each parfait with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and an additional peach slice.