Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Leg of veal with wine sauce
- 5 – 6 lbs boned legs of veal, boned
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, spiced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (with leaves)
- 1 parsley root, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ lb bacon, cut into thin strips
- butter or margarine
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- salt and pepper
- Trim meat.
- With large needle push bacon strips through the meat.
- Rub with salt and pepper.
- Place onions, carrot, celery, parsley and 3 tablespoons butter on roasting pan.
- Add boiling water.
- Roast in oven (350 °F) until 170 °F in meat thermometer (30 minutes per pound).
- When half done, add wine, 2 teaspoon butter and stir in flour and sour cream.
- Every 15 minutes spread mixture on top and sides, cook until this has been absorbed.