Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Eritrean spiced butter
- 2 lbs unsalted butter, cut into small pieces maslo na maly kousky
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped cibule nasekana
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic 3 PL sekany cesnek
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger 4 PL strouhany zazvor
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric 2 kl kurkuma
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom 1/2 KL kardamom mlety
- 1 cinnamon stick (approximately 1" long) kousek skořice
- 1 whole clove 1 hřebíček
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/4 KL muškát oříšek
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter slowly over medium heat; do not let it brown.
- Then bring butter to a boil.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered and undisturbed for 45 minutes.
- Milk solids on the bottom of the pan should be golden brown, and the butter on top will be transparent.
- Slowly pour the clear liquid into a bowl, straining through cheesecloth.
- It is important that no solids are left in the tesmi.
- Transfer the tesmi into a jar.
- Cover tightly, and store in the refrigerator.