Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Traditional Welsh Honeycake
- ½ lb all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ lb + 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ lb butter
- ¼ lb sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk (more or less as needed)
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the butter with 3 ounces of sugar; add the egg yolks and gradually stir in the ¼ lb of honey.
- Carefully stir in the flour mixture, and then add the milk.
- Lightly grease a pie plate tin, and spread the batter leaving a slight mound in the center.
- Bake at 400° for about thirty minutes; let cake rest for two minutes before turning it onto a wire rack.
- Let the cake cool for ten minutes, and then place it onto a baking tray.
- Brush the top with 1 tbs honey.
- Whisk the egg whites and remaining 1 ounce of sugar to prepare a meringue mixture, and swirl over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 325 °F for about twenty minutes; cool completely before serving.