- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar replacement
- ¼ cup margarine, cold
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup evaporated milk -freeze the rest
Choose one of the following to mix in:
- 8 chopped dried apple halves
- 8 chopped dried apricot halves
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 8 chopped dates
- 1 tbsp lemon peel
- 1½ tbsp orange peel, grated
- 8 chopped dried peaches halves
- 4 tbsp raisins
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and Sugar replacement.
- Cut in cold margarine as for pie crust.
- Beat egg and evaporated milk together thoroughly; add into flour mixture. #Knead gently on lightly floured board.
- Divide the dough in half; roll each half into a circle. Cut into quarters.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with milk.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes or until done