- 4 large christophines
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into small cubes
- 4 plum tomatoes cut into small cubes
- 1 bell pepper diced into cubes
- 1 large onion sliced finely
- ½ tablespoon of mashed garlic
- ¼ cup of grated cheese (optional)
- Boil the christophines adding 2 teaspoons of salt to the water.
- When they are tender turn off the heat.
- Peel and cut into small cubes.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a shallow pan.
- Sautee the onions, add the pepper, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Add the christophines, let simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the eggs and let simmer till the eggs harden.
- Adjust salt to taste and sprinkle cheese before serving.