Yields: 8 cups
- 8 cups cold water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- about 4 whole cloves
- 3 to 4 tea bags (optional)
- sweetener to taste, if desired
- Place the water in a large pot. Tie the cinnamon sticks and cloves in cheesecloth; place in the water. Bring to a boil; simmer about 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat; remove the cheesecloth with the cinnamon sticks and cloves, and discard.
- Add tea bags to pot, if using, and allow to steep about 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Add desired amount of sweetener, if using; stir until sweetener is dissolved.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, pour in tall glasses filled with ice.