Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water or milk
- 2 cups butter or oil to fry
- 1 cup cane honey
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Then, add butter and mix well.
- Add the eggs, slightly beaten. Then add water or milk, little by little, and mixing very well until getting a smooth dough.
- Place the dough on a table, slightly sprinkled with flour, and knead it. Let it rest for ten minutes, covered with a dish cloth or towel.
- On the table, place half the dough and stretch it out until it becomes very thin (about a tenth of an inch). Cut the dough into small rhombus-shaped pieces, 11/2 wide. Then cover them with a cloth. Repeat the process with the remaining half of dough.
- In a large pan, heat oil at a high temperature. Fry several pieces simultaneously. Once they are golden on one side, turn them over until they are golden on the other side too.
- Remove the tawa-tawas from the frying pan, drain them and place them on a paper sheet to absorb oil. Finally, place them in tray and pour cane honey over them. If wanted, sprinkle with fine Sugar too.