Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This salad recipe and the others following are originals that i have been making for sometime. Most folk seem to enjoy them.
- 1 x 16oz pkg frozen black-eyed peas
- 2¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp chopped pimentos
- ⅛ tsp liquid smoke
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cup spinach leaves, torn
- 4 cup lettuce, torn
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 purple onion, sliced in rings
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms, fresh
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil, add the frozen peas, the pimento, liquid smoke, chopped onion, vinegar, and garlic.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour off water, and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Mix in the black-eyed peas.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or more, then serve.