This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tassel Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 16 ounces sour cream at room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in a medium bowl.
- Press onto bottom and 1 inch up the side of a spring form pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes then cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar in a very large mixer bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk.
- Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg then beat well and pour into cooled crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread over surface of warm cheesecake then bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Cool in pan on wire rack then chill overnight.
- Remove side of spring form pan.