- 1 kg / 2 lb meat in squares
- one sliced onion
- 1 litre / 1 quart of liquid tomato paste for cooking
- 2 spoons of sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt, pepper and oregano seasoning
- Chop the onion and brown in a pot with the oil.
- Add the meat and brown the sides.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Add the sugar, cover with the tomato juice and add the same amount of water.
- Let cook for an hour or more until the meat is soft (in a pressure cooker it takes 20 minutes).
- Serve with rice or fries/chips.