Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Light And Easy Diabetes Cuisine by Betty Marks
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 salmon steaks, about 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried leaf tarragon, crushed
- 4 lemon slices
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper on each side.
- Place salmon on broiler pan and sprinkle with half the tarragon.
- Place about 3 inches from heat source and broil 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn, sprinkle with remaining tarragon and broil 3 to 4 minutes until fish turns from translucent to opaque.
- Top each with a lemon slice.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (1 Salmon steak):
- 184 Calories | 9 g Fat | 1 g Carbs | 23 g Protein | 114 mg Sodium | 75 mg Cholesterol
- Diabetic exchanges: 3 low-fat meat