Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Crushed wheat and yogurt soup
- 1 litre chicken / vegetable broth
- 200 g diced Cypriot halloumi cheese
- 400 g tarhana
- 30 g butter
- juice of half a lemon
- Soak the tarhana in cold water for about an hour.
- Drain well then put in a pan together with the chicken broth.
- Simmer gently for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- While the soup is cooking, put the butter in a medium size frying pan and place the pan on heat.
- Once the butter is hot, fry the diced halloumi pieces until golden brown on both sides.
- Just before serving add the fried halloumi, lemon juice and the seasoning.
- Mix well and serve hot.