Crushed wheat and yogurt soup
- 1 litre chicken / vegetable broth
- 200 g diced Cypriot halloumi cheese
- 400 g tarhana
- 30 g butter
- juice of half a lemon
- Soak the tarhana in cold water for about an hour.
- Drain well then put in a pan together with the chicken broth.
- Simmer gently for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- While the soup is cooking, put the butter in a medium size frying pan and place the pan on heat.
- Once the butter is hot, fry the diced halloumi pieces until golden brown on both sides.
- Just before serving add the fried halloumi, lemon juice and the seasoning.
- Mix well and serve hot.