Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tanzanian Curried Chicken-banana Soup
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 (3 lb) Chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dried red chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup coconut, grated (DON'T USE SWEETENED!)
- 2 ripe bananas
- Brown the Chicken pieces in the oil.
- Remove Chicken, reserving, and add the Onion and garlic to the pot.
- Sauté until soft, then stir in the powdered chile, the curry, and the black pepper and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, Chicken pieces, and coconut, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When the Chicken is done, remove, let cool, then strip away the meat and cut it into bite-sized chunks, discarding the skin and bones.
- Add it back into the pot with the banana chunks.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, ladle into bowls.