This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno relish chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Jalapeno relish Edit
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1⅓ cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- ⅓ pound yellow onions
- ¼ cup carrots
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Mix relish, cheddar cheese and cream cheese together until well combined.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Place on plastic wrap and form into a ball then roll in chopped pecans and serve with crackers or chips.
- To make relish combine vinegar and sugar in large saucepan and mix until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Slice jalapenos, onions and carrots into thin strips.
- Add jalapenos, onions and carrots to the saucepan with the dissolved sugar and bring to a boil add mustard and dill seeds and simmer 20 minutes.
- Let relish cool.