Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno relish chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Jalapeno relish Edit
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1⅓ cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- ⅓ pound yellow onions
- ¼ cup carrots
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Mix relish, cheddar cheese and cream cheese together until well combined.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Place on plastic wrap and form into a ball then roll in chopped pecans and serve with crackers or chips.
- To make relish combine vinegar and sugar in large saucepan and mix until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Slice jalapenos, onions and carrots into thin strips.
- Add jalapenos, onions and carrots to the saucepan with the dissolved sugar and bring to a boil add mustard and dill seeds and simmer 20 minutes.
- Let relish cool.