Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 bacon slices
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- In a heavy skillet cook bacon until golden and crisp then drain on paper toweling and set aside.
- Pour off all but about 1 teaspoon bacon fat from pan.
- Place pan in oven then set oven temperature to 425°F.
- Stir together cornmeal and sugar then cut in peanut butter until crumbly.
- Blend together eggs, milk, oil and crumbled bacon then add all at once to cornmeal mixture stirring just until blended then pour mixture into hot skillet.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes.