This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 bacon slices
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- In a heavy skillet cook bacon until golden and crisp then drain on paper toweling and set aside.
- Pour off all but about 1 teaspoon bacon fat from pan.
- Place pan in oven then set oven temperature to 425°F.
- Stir together cornmeal and sugar then cut in peanut butter until crumbly.
- Blend together eggs, milk, oil and crumbled bacon then add all at once to cornmeal mixture stirring just until blended then pour mixture into hot skillet.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes.