- 2 shallots, trimmed and sliced OR 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- finely grated rind and juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup flax seed oil
- 2 tbsp crushed thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt to taste
- finely ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups thickly sliced Mushrooms
- pinch of paprika
- Put the shallots or green onions in a bowl with the garlic, lemon rind and juice, oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Beat well to mix.
Add the Mushrooms and toss in the dressing until thoroughly coated. Cover and leave to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours in the fridge. The Mushrooms seem to "pickle" in this marinade, becoming very soft and flavourful.