Makes 6 servings.
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vegetable cooking spray
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 small acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- ½ cup toasted pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- Combine cranberry sauce, mustard, brown sugar, butter, orange juice and cinnamon in medium bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Coat 9x13-inch non-metallic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in dish, spread squash evenly over chicken.
- Spoon cranberry mixture on top of chicken and squash.
- Cover with foil; bake at 400 °F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until Squash and chicken are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over cooked rice. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.