The Tabasco taste here is to make this Moroccan dish actually a bit spicy. This is a twist of mine to the basic couscous dish.
- 4 cups cooked couscous
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 oz (58 g) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 pound fresh green asparagus, cut into 1-inch segments
- 1 can of chickpeas
- Boil the asparagus in a large pot of well salted water, for just for a minute or so - depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Drain.
- Stop the cooking with cold water or a dunk in an ice bath, then drain well before using.
- In a food processor, whip the butter until it is light and airy.
- Add the mustard, Tabasco sauce, lemon juice and salt.
- Take the canned chickpeas (make sure they are cooked tender) and mix with the hot couscous.
- Toss the Tabasco butter. Stir in the asparagus. And serve.