Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Assemble this flavorful pita sandwich for a quick lunch using deli-quick ingredients.
- Prep: 15 minutes - Cook: 8 minutes
- 1 teaspoon LAND O LAKES ® butter
- 1 large (1 1/2 cups) onions, sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast Beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernal corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 6 (6-inch) pita breads, cut in half, warmed
- 12 leaf lettuce leaves
- 12 (3/4-ounce) slices LAND O LAKES ® Deli American cheese, cut in half diagonally
Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onions.
Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened (4 to 6 minutes).
Add barbecue sauce, roast Beef and corn.
Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (4 to 6 minutes).
Fill each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 halves Cheese and about 1/3 cup Beef mixture.
- Makes 6 servings
- Nutritional Info Per 1 Serving: Calories 480, Fat 18 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 2030 mg, Carbohydrates 53 g, Dietary Fiber 4 g, Protein 29 g