Assemble this flavorful pita sandwich for a quick lunch using deli-quick ingredients.
- Prep: 15 minutes - Cook: 8 minutes
- 1 teaspoon LAND O LAKES ® butter
- 1 large (1 1/2 cups) onions, sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast Beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernal corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 6 (6-inch) pita breads, cut in half, warmed
- 12 leaf lettuce leaves
- 12 (3/4-ounce) slices LAND O LAKES ® Deli American cheese, cut in half diagonally
Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onions.
Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened (4 to 6 minutes).
Add barbecue sauce, roast Beef and corn.
Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (4 to 6 minutes).
Fill each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 halves Cheese and about 1/3 cup Beef mixture.
- Makes 6 servings
- Nutritional Info Per 1 Serving: Calories 480, Fat 18 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 2030 mg, Carbohydrates 53 g, Dietary Fiber 4 g, Protein 29 g