Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 Cornish game hens (optional rinse hens and pat dry)
- 4 tangerines, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup Zinfandel wine
- 1 tsp or salt to taste
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup mushrooms chopped
- 4 tbsp pecans chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix wine, soy sauce, salt, honey and orange juice together.
- Rub 1 tbsp butter inside each hen.
- Sprinkle the cavity with salt.
- Mix the onion, garlic, pecans, mushrooms, and tangerines together.
- Stuff each hen with this mixture.
- Heat the liquid mixture until it begins to boil.
- Turn off and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour 2 tbsp of this into each hen.
- Preheat oven to 325°F then bake hens for 45 minutes.
- Be sure to baste every 10 minutes with the liquid mixture.
- Test birds. If not done. Cook until done.