- wheat flour 2 cups
- plain flour 1/2 cup
- baking powder 2 tsp.
- Plain yogurt 1/2 cup
- milk 1/2 cup
- clarified butter or ghee 2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Sieve wheat flour, plain flour and baking powder together.
- Add salt, yogurt, milk and mix well. Add water a little at a time.
- Knead the dough until it turns very smooth.
- Cover and keep aside for an hour.
- Divide into large balls of equal portions.
- Apply some flour and roll into thick oblong/circular shape.
- place on a greased baking tray and cook for 5 to 6 minutes in a preheated oven at 190 °C.
- Before serving apply ghee or clarified butter on both sides of the roti.
- Serve hot with Curries (Matar Panner, Aalu Dum, Paneer Kofta).