This is a great recipe which is simple to make, can be served as a main dish or a snack, and never turns out less than tasty.
- 3 lbs chicken
- 2 inch ginger
- 5 – 6 cloves garlic
- 1 – 2 green chillies
- red chile powder to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 cups curd
- ½ tsp red color
- Skin chicken, wash and dry properly.
- Make a paste of ginger garlic and green chillies in the mixer.
- Marinate the chicken in this ginger-garlic paste with the curd, salt, red color, red chile powder for 5 – 6 hours in the fridge.
- Put in a flat bottomed pan and cook on high heat till the liquid dries off partially.
- Then cover the pan and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Till chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle garam masala and chaat masala.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings, green chillies and lemon halves.