Serve on its own, with fuul or as a tamia sandwich.
- 500g Chickpeas
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 white bread roll
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- bunch of fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- Soak Chickpeas in water for at least 3 hours.
- Cook until tender and mince with garlic, Onion, pepper and fresh coriander.
- Soak bread in water and mince, add with flour to mixture.
- Stir and add salt, pepper, coriander seeds and leave for 15-minutes.
- Add baking powder, shape with hands into small saucer shape and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Deep fry.