Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It's very garlicky!! This recipe is for 6 servings. and it will make your breath stank like tha Bank
- ½ medium red onion, sliced thin
- 2 small carrots, julienned, grated or sliced fine
- 1¼-1½ lbs napa cabbage, cored and sliced into 1 inch strips (half a medium head)
- ¼ cup kosher salt or sea salt
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1-3 teaspoon hot chili sauce or chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or corn oil
- In large bowl, combine the red onion, carrots, cabbage, and salt.
- Add just enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Let them sit at room temperature overnight.
- The next day, drain the vegetables.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and toss well.
- Chill the salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
- It will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
This kimchi doesn't undergo a fermenting process, as real kimchi does. If you'd like to ferment this kimchi, omit the oil, and put the mixture into a large sterilized jar. Let the kimchi stand at room temperature for 2-4 days, opening the jar once a day to let out the gases that build up. Store the kimchi in the refrigerator after this period. It will keep for several weeks.