- 1 cup tamarind paste
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp of dried ginger powder
- ¾ cup jaggery (brown sugar can be used as a substitute)
- salt, to taste
- Add tamarind paste, water and jaggery in a deep pan and bring to a boil.
- Add salt, ginger powder and chili powder and continue to boil over medium heat till the consistency becomes thick as that of a sauce.
- Allow to cool and store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com